Delicious Healthy Tossed Salad
This salad is not only easy to make, it is also delicious, healthy and colorful. It is ideal when you want to have a quick but healthy and tasty meal. It is also great as a side dish with a main meal or with a bowl of hot soup. If you are Vegan, just skip the cheese.
Hover over the highlighted Keywords below for Images and/or Description of some of the Ingredients:
Cucumbers, Olive Oil, Onions, Tomatoes
Healthy Delicious Tossed Salad
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||5 minutes|
|Total time||15 minutes|
|Dietary||Diabetic, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian|
|Meal type||Lunch, Salad, Side Dish, Starter|
|Misc||Child Friendly, Pre-preparable, Serve at Room Temperature, Serve Cold|
- 1 head Lettuce (Romaine and/or Iceberg, broken into bitesize pieces)
- 3 Slices Red Onion (thinly sliced, cut into thin 2 inch pieces)
- 3 sticks Celery (tender, thinly sliced crosswise)
- Cucumbers (small, tender, baby cucumbers (3); or thin skinned long english cucumber (1); or regular cucumber peeled (1))
- 2 Tomatoes (thinly sliced, or cut into small chunks)
- 1/2 cup Caesar Dressing (Vegan)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Blend Spice
- 8 - 10 Black Kalamata Olives
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Bread Croutons (small, regular or flavored)
- 1/2 cup Other Crispy Topping (I used tiny, thin, colorful tortilla chip toppings (see picture))
- Spicy Jack Cheese (1/4 cup grated, or 1 slice broken to small pieces)
1) Serve fresh and crisp.
2) Serve as a side dish to a main dish or as a main dish by itself.
3) Serve with a bowl of hot soup.
1) You can add the dressing, croutons and other toppings in the salad, mix well and serve. Or you can serve just the salad on each plate, and individually add the dressing, croutons and other toppings.
2) If you are Vegan, skip the cheese.