Veggie Burger is a wonderful variation to a typical sandwich. Since they don’t sell veggie burgers in most of the fast food places, it becomes important to know how to make it at home. Here is the easy recipe.
Multigrain or Sourdough Bread Slices – 2
Burger Buns – 1
Cucumber thin sliced – 4 slices
Tomato thinly sliced – 1 tomato
Green Leaf Lettuce – 2 leaves
Provolone cheese slices – 2
Deli Pickle Pieces – 4
Veggie Burger Patty – 1
- Cook the veggie burger patties according to package directions. I usually cook them on a frying pan. I add a tablespoon of oil, spread it. Add the patties, and cook on low heat on both sides, each for a minute or two. You can microwave them too.
- Toast the bread slices lightly if you like them toasted or if the bread was refrigerated.
- Place the toasted slices on a plate. Sprinkle salt on the vegetables if you like.
- Place a cheese slice, a leaf of lettuce, tomato slices, cucumber slices on the bread.
- Place the cooked burger patty on top.
- Add Ketchup or Salsa and Mustard if you prefer.
- Next, layer the pickle slices, the remaining lettuce leaf and the cheese slice.
- Top it with the second bread slice.
- Slice the sandwich into two.
- Secure each half with a toothpick.
1) Serve with soup, salad or fruit.
1) I used for this recipe multigrain and sourdough bread. But you can use burger buns too.
2) You can sprinkle crushed pepper or black pepper if you want add a little spice to the burger.